I only took a couple of photos as we were walking to the station in Oxford. I felt like I was coming down with something, so was not very enthusiastic today (spoiler alert: it never really turned into anything, but I was paranoid that I would get a full-blown cold for a few days).
We traveled by train to Nottingham today. I have an important piece of travel advice for you - do not arrive in Nottingham on a Saturday night when there is a game on. Men in the street yell a lot, maybe due to being drunk and excited about the game. They yell at each other, at women they like and even to themselves sometimes. We chose the worst hotel, and had to change rooms because of the stale smoke smell. Nothing worked, no central heating, only a small space heater to keep us warm.
We did not really see much homelessness in the Netherlands. We saw it in London - there is a small community of people with sleeping bags near Big Ben in an area of covered sidewalk, an area packed with tourists. There are people begging at the train stations. We saw it in Oxford, a couple of people sleeping in their sleeping bags in covered areas on our walk between the B&B and town. But they don't really engage, they just hold a cup for you to put change into. But in Nottingham a young man asked Brad for a light, then money. He wouldn't leave Brad alone until Brad walked away from him.
Anyway, that was my first impression of Nottingham, not good unfortunately!
This is the Bridge of Sighs in Oxford. There are dozens of Chinese tourists in the background. Brad and I are in the background of all of their photos.

No comments:
Post a Comment