The first thing we did today was find the Harley-Davidson shop. Brad has a tradition of buying his brother Harley shirts from all over the world. The shop in London is the oldest in Europe, established in 1924.
We walked across Westminster Bridge again, and noticed how low the tide was compared to when we were there yesterday.
Our next stop was the Imperial War Museum. A very impressive, well thought out facility on five floors, and free! Nice cafe, too. I usually don't take many pictures of implements of war, but this is the atrium when you walk in.
After several happy hours (museums are one of our favourite things), we walked back to the hotel. We happened upon the Leake Street Graffiti Tunnel under Waterloo Station, which is full of amazing graffiti art. It was started by Banksy in 2008. Two artists were at work, so I didn't take any photos for fear of offending them. You should definitely Google it to see far better photos of the artwork than I could ever take. We enjoyed another happy hour at the hotel, then out the door and around the corner to the West End for our theatrical night out.
Our seats were in the Upper Circle. At the top of the stairs was a map with pins and tags, so the audience could mark where they were from. There were only 1/2 dozen from Canada (you can see my lonely little west coast tag). There was a long line up behind us to get in, so I made sure to check the board on the way out, where I noticed someone had added a Kamloops tag. There were too many people exiting behind me so I couldn't stop to take an updated picture.
The very simple set, complete with Molson Canadian and Tim Horton's neon signs (not lit up in this picture). We laughed and we cried, there were definitely some jokes that only a Canadian would get. A live Celtic band provided all of the music, and at the end after the standing ovation and the actors' bow, the band stayed on stage to play. Everyone stayed standing, and stomped and clapped, it was a regular kitchen party!
Some of the lovely Christmas lights on the way home. Although it's too early as far as I'm concerned, they were pretty.






No comments:
Post a Comment