Remembrance Day.
Please see my post on Facebook.
I took absolutely no photos today. It was miserable out, raining and windy and cold. I was still sure that I was coming down with something.
We rented a car and drove around to several addresses in Nottingham that Brad's ancestors had lived at. We then headed to Beeston and Ironville to do the same. Brad met some wonderful people who told him about the villages and their histories.
We continued on to Sheffield - in the rainy dark during rush hour, Brad did great driving a manual on the wrong side of the road. We are in a much nicer hotel near the centre of town. We just stuck to the hotel for dinner - navigating is almost as stressful as driving!
I think as we went north we thought we would be more out in the country. We were surprised to have 8 lanes of traffic on the highway into Sheffield.
No comments:
Post a Comment