We were able to have a more leisurely morning today. Breakfast, packed and walked across the street to Union Station to catch the 11:30 train to Montreal.
We were sitting in the middle of our car with 2 seats facing forward and 2 backward with a table in between.
We just got settled when we were asked to move since it was just the 2 of us, so that a family could sit together. We could hear small children behind us, so we said of course! It turns out, the family that HAD to sit together have 2 kids in their late teens/early 20’s. Meanwhile, the 2 small children we ended up sitting back-to-back with, with their dad across the aisle from them and their mom one seat further back, were as good as gold on their own. At least by moving we didn’t have to sit facing strangers, making conversation. It was nice to just be by ourselves.
Meanwhile,
I thought I was having multiple hot flashes, as I was slowly getting warmer and
warmer. Three hours into the trip they
announced that the air conditioning wasn’t working, and because we are directly
behind the engine it adds to the heat, plus it’s 27 feels like 37 outside with
the humidity. They did their best to keep us
hydrated with cold water, but we were sweating pretty freely. And I didn’t wear shorts because I thought it
might be too chilly on the train…
Some scenery, mostly farms along the tracks.
We got picked up by a driver who drove us to our hotel in a downpour. We got changed then walked a couple of blocks in the still pouring rain to our fancy French dinner at the Restaurant Bonaparte.
On our walk back to the hotel after dinner, luckily the rain had completely stopped. We decided to do a loop down to the river and back.















No comments:
Post a Comment