Saturday, 18 June 2022

Monday June 13, 2022

We woke up to fog and got out of bed just before 8 to hurry to the dining room so we wouldn’t miss breakfast.  We crossed into Ontario and got some photos of the many small lakes that make up northern Ontario.  I call it Cabin Country, as opposed to Cottage Country (i.e. not within a day’s drive of Toronto).

I returned to the room to shower while we were stopped to let 2 freight trains go by.  I haven’t had to shower while we are moving yet thank goodness.

Brad found out how to get the TV to work, so we took a couple of hours to watch a movie.  Soon after that we rolled into Sioux Lookout – some people were getting off the train there, so we were all able to get out for a leg stretch and some fresh air.

Lunch, then back to the room.  One of us had a nap while the other worked on her blog.

I thought these were swans, but when I zoomed in after I took the picture, I realized they were pelicans.  One of their breeding grounds in Ontario is at Lake Nipigon, which this river flows into.


Trees, rocks and water is what we are seeing a LOT of, with a lovely sunset at the end of the day.  The words to Land of the Silver Birch keep going through my head.




No comments:

Post a Comment