Had a routine morning. Since we got a little too much sun yesterday, today is to be an indoor day for the most part. But first, fruit! I mentioned that local fruit is only available at what we would call the farmer's market in Nadi. The grocery stores we've been in seem to just sell the imported stuff, apples and oranges. So back on the Yellow Bus:
We made our way to the market and picked up a heap of pineapple (5 small), mangoes, cucumber and carrots. We also saw where they sell kava root in a separate building. We haven't taken any photos in town because we are always juggling backpacks full of groceries. If we go back I will be sure to. We had three different men offer to show us the place to buy souvenirs. I don't do well with it, I'm getting old and cranky I guess, but I have no patience with it. It is something that really bothers me, even in our own culture, when people won't take no for an answer.
Just after 2:00 as I was working on homework I thought I heard thunder. I went out on the balcony and it was blue sky all around. Ten minutes later there was a big crack right over my head so I went out again and sure enough, the clouds had moved in. No rain for a while, and then sometime after 4:00 the skies opened up again. It poured buckets for about an hour. The ditch had completely emptied from yesterday's rain, but filled up even more today:
After dinner we went to the resort store to grab some munchies. Around 8:00 we went to the adult pool for a dip. We could see lightning out over the water and it sprinkled again for a bit. Back to the room for TV and bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment