Saturday, 28 January 2017

Saturday

The alarm went off at 4 am. We got out of the hotel by 5:15 and walked the 5 minutes to the train. When we got there we found out that Museum Station is not open on weekends, so we had to walk nearly 15 minutes in the opposite direction to Central Station. Once we got on the train it was only 10 or 15 minutes to the airport. The flight was uneventful; the plane was only half to two thirds full, so we had three seats to ourselves.

We arrived in Fiji four hours later, around 1:45 local time. I thought Fiji is two hours ahead of Sydney, but I was wrong, it is only one hour time difference. Right away we got hustled into a cab by an unlicensed cabbie. I don't mean he didn't have a license, just that his cab was unregistered. We probably paid way too much, but we didn't realize it until the luggage was loaded and we were settled in; then I noticed that he didn't have a meter, and when I commented, he avoided the subject. Oh well.

We got settled in and unpacked. Then nothing, just relaxed for a few hours. We went to the hotel restaurant for dinner, then wandered around to find the pools and the beach.


We came back to our room, watched a movie then lights out by 10. It was a long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment