Ok, now I remember how to blog properly. I got the photo situation sorted and edited yesterday's post to include the photos. They are at the bottom of the post but you get the idea. Here's to no more glitches!
In case I am giving the impression that the time difference is larger than you thought, it is Tuesday morning and I am writing about our adventures of Monday. I wish I knew how many kilometres we walked yesterday! Let's just use the technical term and call it A LOT!
We had a lovely breakfast in the room, which included the best mango I ever had. Off we went heading north towards the harbour. We passed St. Mary's Cathedral:

We walked through the Royal Botanic Gardens past Government House, the residence of the governor of New South Wales:
We walked around the Opera House:
Marvelled at this monstrosity:
We then headed over to The Rocks. This is a neighborhood that reminds me a bit of Yaletown in Vancouver. Lots of old converted brick warehouses, trendy shops and lots of cafes and restaurants. It has a lot of history as the part of Sydney where European settlement began.
This is an old tenement, actually a museum we are going to visit Wednesday:
Across the street is the youth hostel. When they started excavating to build it they found old foundations and tons of artifacts. It is an important archeological site detailing early European settlement, so they built the hostel on stilts:
This is inside the lobby:
We walked and wandered and eventually headed under the bridge:
We walked some more:
We found Canada:
We kept walking:
And eventually made it back to our hotel. We had dinner in and limped around...I mean relaxed for the rest of the evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment