Well, it's time to revive the Blog! One week from today, Brad and I will head out on the trip of a lifetime - a week in Sydney Australia and a week in Nadi Fiji. Australia has always been a dream of mine. I was determined to go there after high school, but I had no one to travel with, and I was too shy and scared to go on my own. I am so excited to have the chance to go now! Originally this trip was to be just a week in Fiji, but when we discovered that we couldn't get there without flying through Sydney, we extended the trip to 2 weeks. The plan is to be tourists from dawn to dusk in Sydney, to see, do and experience everything, then relax and do nothing in Fiji.
I said at the beginning that this is the trip of a lifetime, and it is, but it is only one of many trips of a lifetime we plan on making (we've had two already to Scotland). We are determined to travel and experience the world while we are still young and healthy enough to be active and enjoy what life has to offer.
I encourage you to travel, take music lessons, change jobs, start a business, get out in the great outdoors, take up knitting, learn a new language, join a choir, take a cooking class, do whatever it is that you love and that makes you happy - don't wait! If you have the chance, do it! And if you don't have the chance now, make the chance happen soon! I challenge all of you to challenge yourselves to do something new in 2017, something that you have always wanted to do, but didn't think you could, didn't think you had time for, didn't think you'd be good at, didn't think you could afford. Find a way! You can do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment