Saturday, 16 August 2014

I have 20 minutes of internet left, so let's see if I can keep this short and type fast.

Fifty thousand spectators watching ten thousand pipers and drummers.   That's who I spent the day with.


And this is what I looked like.  Use your imagination - that's what the weather was like.


It was televised live and broadcast on a big screen.


This is a small part of one of the Bus Rows:


I took the subway back to the hostel and this is what I saw on the walk from the station:


I can truly appreciate what it takes to play the pipes in that weather.   My fingers were stiff with cold, I don't know how they do it, but good on them!

Yesterday I met a man from Dawson Creek, and today I ate lunch with a pipers' mom from Edmonton.  And when I say I'm from Vancouver Island, I've had a German lady tell me she's been to Victoria, and a Swiss lady who has camped in Tofino.  I remember the days when no matter where you were from in BC you had to say you were from Vancouver because no one had heard of anywhere else.

Tomorrow - the adventures of Donna getting herself to Edinburgh!

No comments:

Post a Comment