Ah, libraries - land of free WiFi. I knew there was a reason I love 'em so much!
What did I forget to tell you yesterday? Oh yes, school is in session here so in the late afternoon there are cute little kids in their uniforms everywhere, and lots of teenage girls in their mini skirts and ties. And uniform shops in the malls.
Also I realized somewhere over Greenland that I left the charger for my camera battery at home. Bummer!
Got another roommate last night, a twenty-something girl from Brighton named Gail. She is attending a marine sciences conference here, and it's her first time in Scotland. She's very nice. Unfortunately, Stephanie locked her padlock key in her locker, so at 7:30 this morning there was a man with a boltcutter in our room. Yay!
I've had a bit of a slow start this morning. I was sitting on my lower bunk kind of hunched over, and when I twisted to reach for something, something in my back popped. I think it's a rib; doesn't hurt too much, but still...
Yesterday at the Paisley library I found two obituaries, plus a few other references to possible ancestors in old newspapers. Here at the Mitchell library their collection is pretty much the same as what I'll find in Edinburgh, so I'll wait and do my research there. So I've decided to walk to the cathedral, then stop at the Willow Tea Room on my way back.
Well it's evening now and I was hungry when I left the library so stopped at the Tea Room right away. Here's what I had:
Delicious!
Off to the Glasgow Cathedral - very large, and impressive as cathedrals always are:
And what would a visit to a cathedral be without a tour of the Necropolis:
I've been able to text both Brad and Tyler today; it's nice to 'hear' voices from home.
I've been thinking, it sounds so romantic to live in a Victorian townhouse, but it really is impractical! The heating, the never-ending maintenance, the cost of getting the fourth floor windows cleaned! I guess I won't buy one while I'm here, no matter how tempting!




No comments:
Post a Comment