Tuesday, 28 January 2025

Sunday January 26, 2025

It's time to update the travel blog!  It's so exciting to be on another big trip.  This one is very different in a lot of ways - post-covid I find that I am much more aware of distancing and sanitizing; I am the lead on all communication now; and we are older and more appreciative of taking the time to just relax and recharge.

We left home on January 25th and drove to Kamloops.  We spent the night at Brad's sister's place and had a nice visit.  She drove us to the airport the next day where we caught a 3:00 flight to Vancouver (delayed by 1/2 hour - do they ever leave on time now?).  Then lots of time in the YVR airport, which I never mind.  I bought my traditional books - I always by one at YVR but got two this time - we had dinner and just chilled until we had to board our 11:45 pm flight.  Once we were on the plane we ended up being delayed for an hour.  The catering truck broke down right next to the plane so we couldn't be backed out from the terminal.  When it was finally moved we had to go to get de-iced and finally took off at 12:45 am.  When we reached cruising altitude we were served dinner, which I was not expecting at 1:30 in the morning.  I have difficulty sleeping on planes and this was no exception.

2 comments:

  1. I could never sleep on planes or in cars. Must be heredity eh😘

    ReplyDelete