Thursday, 31 October 2019

Monday October 28

This morning we walked to the Haarlem Centraal train station for the 20 minute trip in to Amsterdam.  Just a few people ride their bikes to the station every morning...




Brad wanted to walk to the museum, but I insisted on a tram ride.


First stop, the Rijksmuseum.


They have a bit of a library.


We saw many examples of silver...


furnishings...


tapestries...


one of Rembrandt's most famous paintings, The Night Watch, which is undergoing scanning for conservation...


and of course, my Vermeers...



I found my next tea set and the dress I need to wear as I sip my tea...



Seen on the canals - a garden and three parking barges full of bikes.



Bike parkade down below with 1270 bikes currently parked.



We also visited the Amsterdam City Museum.  This gives you an idea of how far below sea level various parts of the city are.


Dam Square, the biggest square in Amsterdam.


Looking up a canal towards Amsterdam Centraal train station.


It was very peaceful to return to quiet Haarlem.



No comments:

Post a Comment